Tea or "chá" in mandarin is an ancient medicinal beverage consisting of water poured over the leaves & buds of the plant Camellia sinensis, a sacred tree and plant teacher that has inspired the Taoists for health, longevity and meditation. Tea originated in a region situated on the frontier between Laos, China and Myanmar, known today as Yunnan. To trace its origin, Chinese are placing the “discovery” of tea from a 4000 years old legend. Later on Tea became an important subject of study, was prescribed by apothecaries for its medicinal properties and used in temple during sessions of meditation. It also became an important political and economical element of trade across Asia. Tea is now cultivated and drink extensively across the world, shared in many ways, many forms.
With 11 years of experiences studying, exploring and practicing with the plant Camellia Sinensis, Jade is honored and humbled to be facilitating this course for you, if you are feeling the call to deepen and explore. This course is an occasion to explore the history of Chadao and the original carriers of tea, the story of Camellia Sinensis, the evolution of the practice, the ecology of the plant, ethical and sustainable tea farming, the different types of rituals and serving, the elemental wisdom of tea, the connection between tea and daoism, the connection between tea and zen, the practice of gongfu cha, the practice of senchado, how to cultivate a self practice, how to host a ceremonial tea meditation, many tea stories and guided meditations.
The Way of Tea course journey is divided in 6 chapters :
1. Camellia Sinensis and the way : Origin, history and evolution of the practice
2. Tea varieties : process and ecology, from the tea tree to the cup
3. Elemental wisdom of tea and nature
4. Chinese way : Gongfu cha & Taoism
5. Japanese way : Wabi Cha, Senchado & Zen
6. Tea Meditation : Remembering the flow and refining your offering
Options of formats for the course :
- Virtual - Way of Tea course : Privately shared Live, via Zoom. Upon registration, you will be receiving a tea package for the course, containing 6 different teas that we will be exploring during our sessions. We typically meet 1 or 2 times per week, or depending on your availability. This format is a dedicated offering shared privately and live with me. Each chapter is a dedication of about 90 minutes.
- In Person - Way of Tea course :
I am currently located in Taos, New Mexico, for sessions in person. Chapters shared in person are a dedication of 2 hours, and will be including a time for meditation, sharing and exploring different teas.
- Way of Tea course - Online Platform : An online platform offering all the chapters and content of the course in a pre-recorded format, to allow you to follow the journey at your own pace. There will be the option of adding the tea course package when registering, containing many teas to explore during the journey of the course.
This new format will be available starting in September.
To have a look at what others have to say about the course, visit the testimonial page.
* To register to this course, please fill up the application form here. Please specify for which format you would like to register. *
If you have any questions, please send a detailed message using the contact form or directly to email@example.com
x Tea Blessings x